Amy Galper, Founder
Amy graduated from The Ohashi Institute and completed the Institute’s instructor training program and studied aromatic plant medicine at The Ojai School of Massage. She maintained a private practice in New York City for 5 years and was a member of the American Organization of Bodywork Therapies of Asia, (AOBTA), and OASIS, (Organic and Sustainable Industry Standards) a pioneering organization whose purpose is to support organic and sustainable Health and Beauty consumer goods by establishing workable industry standards for organic and sustainable manufacturing.
Prior to launching her wellness business, Amy was an actress in New York with credits that included commercials, classical stage and film as well as experimental performance. She attended the Juilliard School, received her BA from Smith College, and received her MA from New York University.
Several years ago, Amy experienced a “healing crisis” and was compelled to consider her illness as an opportunity to shift her perspective and make changes in her life. Now she focuses on the business of Buddha Nose in New York City, and spends time with her husband building their eco-conscious and self-sustaining “off-the-grid” home on their 30 acres in the Catskills.
Buddha Nose uses only USDA certified organic ingredients when available, and we are very proud to have 4 out of our 12 products carry the USDA organic seal. We continue to work towards certifying the rest of the line.
At this time in the US, the FDA does not have any regulatory standards that can certify body care products organic. Therefore those products that carry the USDA seal are certified by the same standards that regulate our food. These standards make sure farming practices are sustainable and free from the use of pesticides and growth hormones. The USDA organic food standards are some of the most stringent in the world, in order for a product to carry the USDA seal it must be composed of at least 95% USDA certified organic ingredients and the remaining 5% must be ingredients that the NOP, the National Organic Program, recognizes as “approved” ingredients.
Because there are some ingredients used in body care products that are not present in our food products, like vegetable glycerin, or particular essential oils that may not yet be available organic, they are not included in the “allowed” list and in some instances may prevent a product from carrying the USDA seal.
All of the ingredients used in Buddha Nose products are totally free of all synthetics and chemical preservative systems. The skin is our largest organ, and by using only organic ingredients, we not only respect the health and well-being of our bodies but we also respect the health and well-being of our environment.